Thanks Barack Obama for your letter. My kid is a Mexican immigrant and she loves America. She is my best and like any immigrant she gives her best. That is something that Donald J. Trump will never understand.
Here is the music I enjoyed in 2015. You can click on the album name and enjoy it too.
Happy New Year!
52. Stereophonics – Keep The Village Alive
51. Anti-Flag – Cease Fires
50. Panda Bear – Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper
49. Highly Suspect – Mister Asylum
48. Torche – Restarter
47. Viet Cong – Viet Cong
46. Protomartyr – The Agent Intellect
45. Car Seat Headrest – Teens of Style
44. jennylee – Right On
43. Crows – Better Off Dead
42. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Multi-Love
41. The Struts – Have You Heard
40. Kurt Vile – b’lieve I’m going down
39. Courtney Barnett – Sometime I Just Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
38. Deerhunter – Fading Frontier
37. Graveyard – Innocence & Decadence
36. The Libertines – Anthems for Doomed Youth
35. Slayer – Repentless
34. Tame Impala – Currents
33. Wolf Alice – My Love is Cool
32. Desaparecidos – Payola
31. Pond – Feels Like Space Again
30. Muse – Drones
29. Eagles of Death Metal – Zipper Down
28. Motörhead – Bad Magic
27. Chelsea Wolfe – Abyss
26. The Districts – A Flourish and a Spoil
25. Buit To Spill – Untethered Moon
24. Torres –Sprinter
23. MEW – +-
22. Death Cab for Cutie – Kintsugie
21. The Cribs – For All My Sisters
20. Tobias Tesso – Goon
19. Modest Mouse – Strangers to Ourselves
18. METZ – II
17. Beach House – Depression Cherry
16. Kamasi Washington – The Epic
15. Sun Kil-Moon – Universal Themes
14. Baroness – Purple
13. Heartless Bastards – Restless Ones
12. Destroyer – Poison Season
11. Iron Maiden – The Books of Souls
10. Alabama Shakes – Sound & Color
9. Drenge – Undertow
8. The Arcs – Yours, Dreamily
7. Editors – In Dreams
6. The Vaccines – English Graffiti
5. The Maccabees – Marks To Prove It
4. Israel Nash – Silver Season
3. Foals – What Went Down
2. Father John Misty – I Love You Honeybear
- LOW – Ones And Sixes
Here’s for a better 2016!
ERRATA/OMMISION: Discussing the list with my friends I found that I left out at least two records that should be on the top 10.
Are you listening!?
“You don’t have to die to kill and you don’t have to kill to die. And above all, nothing exists that is not in the form of life because life is eternal with or without people, so we are grateful for life to be here at this very moment.”
“Growing up on the plantation there in Mississippi, I would work Monday through Saturday noon,” he said. “I’d go to town on Saturday afternoons, sit on the street corner, and I’d sing and play.
“I’d have me a hat or box or something in front of me. People that would request a gospel song would always be very polite to me, and they’d say: ‘Son, you’re mighty good. Keep it up. You’re going to be great one day.’ But they never put anything in the hat.
“But people that would ask me to sing a blues song would always tip me and maybe give me a beer. They always would do something of that kind. Sometimes I’d make 50 or 60 dollars one Saturday afternoon. Now you know why I’m a blues singer.”
My friend Rodrigo Pérez Rembao is an editor of several magazines in Mexico. In one of his many projects he invited me to write a review about a recent music record, a passion that we both share since we were like 6 years old!
I am getting ready to see TVOTR next week here in Dallas. The magazine is still in the works, but he allowed me to share the post (image above) which is in Spanish, so here it is a rough translation:
Seeds – TV On The Radio
With over a decade in tow seems that the future reached the New York band and what was cutting edge is now mainstream. But something always surprises us about TVOTR and his latest album is a pleasant surprise. After stormy years with the loss of the bassist, this sixth album follow the line of novelty pop with influences ranging from rock to electronic. Adebimpe’s voice and guitar Sitek (who in turn produced) equals remind to Bowie that Earth, Wind & Fire. Rock at which you can dance. It’s an album that fits in the best collections and worn with everything and everyone always maintaining quality without complacency.